Saturday we received form 8050-3 in the mail. N42BU is officially a registered aircraft! 

The process was pretty straight forward. I called Van's and requested form 8050-2. They sent me some forms to fill out and had the Bill Of Sale to me in less than a week. Then I just followed the directions on the FAA site for registering an amateur-built aircraft. It took less than two weeks to get 8050-3 back. Just make sure all of your forms match as far as name order/spelling, etc. and you should be fine.

Edit: In case you're confused by the manufacturer section, Brandon is my real name. Brandi is just a nickname. =P

Comments are closed